Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Average is meaningless.

Here is what I wrote "Yes but generally old men are the ones who can spend $100k on stereo systems."

If you look at overall wealth of the U.S in age groups you will likely see that boomers possess the most money as a group. I never said that the "average Stereophile subscriber spent $100K." That is something you invented - that is called a straw man.

Old Rich, mostly white, men talking about equipment and geezer music FOR other old rich, mostly white, men.

The music at most audio rooms are painfully boring - Diana Krall playing in at least 5 rooms on each floor all the time - Hotel California (Holy 1970s Batman) continuously being played. Krall is at least current but really probably because she shows some leg and she's attractive enough but not too attractive that the old geezers think they'd have a shot with her if they met her. And because it's well recorded that trumps music "quality" any day. I have a bunch of her albums too - she's good but hardly worthy of that kind of play to virtually the exclusion of everyone else who ever sang a song. There will be more Krall than Ella played at an audio show - ??

And Don Henley and the Eagles did actually record other songs but you'd never know that at an Audio Show. I'll take anything else in a "New York Minute" over hearing bloody Hotel California for the 9 millionth time!

And reading about yet another re-release of a re-release gold edition double pack download of the Beatles or Fleetwood Mac or Mahler is frankly cringe-worthy.

Edits: 03/31/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.