Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Tone Audio - Musical Fidelity V-90 DAC Review

"No I didn't leave out anything. I explained that it was hardly fair to ask Sam Tellig to forgo his income for a month rather than substitute the Musical Fidelity component he had on hand given the non-arrival of a product from another manufacturer that had been promised but delayed."

In this month's column (April 2014) Sam Tellig wrote up these products:

Musical Fidelity V90-LPS phono preamplifier
Musical Fidelity V90-DAC
Musical Fidelity V90-HPA headphone amplifier
Musical Fidelity V90-BLU Bluetooth Receiver
Musical Fidelity MF-100 on-ear headphones

All of these pieces at once because "he had (it) on hand" when another product failed to arrive? Sounds more like Sam didn't have his column ready by deadline so Atkinson allowed him to "phone it in" by utilizing filler material that he probably had sitting around (courtesy of Antony Michaelson) just waiting for the opportunity to get into the pages of the magazine. What a bunch of crap!

Now lets discuss how the V90-DAC winds up with a bogus A+ rating in your Recommended Components feature when Sam gives it an A rating in his column and no other reviewers have even heard it. What's with this "provisional" A+ rating? This component should have received a K rating. Did someone make a mistake when editing the Recommended Components feature or is this some kind of payoff to Antony Michaelson for keeping an unrequested reserve stash of components at your beck and call?

What do you say to this, Atkinson? Wait - let me guess - it'll probably be a mealy-mouthed response, something like "stop reading it if you don't like it".

Hey Atkinson - the next time you try pissing on your readers shoes don't have the temerity to tell them that it's only raining.

Al

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.