Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Tone Audio - Musical Fidelity V-90 DAC Review

The issue raised is one of process, not whether the item sounds good or bad. The process by which a $299, Wall Wart Dac was put into Class A+ is what is in question:

-No review (I do not consider Sam's article a review);
-A naked, unsubstantiated proclamation of Class A in a picture caption - not in the body of the article; and
-The inconsistent class designations ("A+" in RC - "A" in the article).

For me, it doesn't matter who the manufacturer is. Nor does one have to have heard the product to legitimately question the process by which it
has been mysteriously included in A+.

If a $299 phono preamp had been included in A+ under like circumstances, my not hearing it does not preclude me from legitimately questioning the process by which it was included.

All this aside, since the A+ categorization is provisional, I am looking forward to JA reviewing it, assigning a class, and explaining why. If it is in A+ or A, or even B, I will be delighted. Getting that kind of performance for $299 would be great. One could likely tinker with the power supply and make it even better. Yikes.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.