Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: I admit to having become desensitized to Mu Fi reviews - I skip over them.

Stereophile has a requirement that manufacturers have a certain number of dealers. Therefore, it means they generally have to review the mainstream products. Frankly, for a print magazines that requires people to pay I think it is a good policy because it ensures a certain level of protection for the consumer that it's not a fly by night operation or a company that is too small perhaps to suddenly get hit with major coverage and not be able to meet supply. Further, it protects the magazine from raving about something that goes under weeks after the review. Lastly, there is also a track record to mainstream products.

I reviewed some Line Magnetic gear but this is pretty new to North America and there is no track record. How will it hold up in 5 years, 10 years, 15 years? With major brands they have a track record. In a sense it's "safer" to review and recommend a "mainstream" brand.

Some brands don't change product lines as fast as Musical Fidelity was changing. Can't really review lines that have a few amps they keep around for a decade or two.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I admit to having become desensitized to Mu Fi reviews - I skip over them. - RGA 19:07:55 03/16/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.