Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Art Dudley

At the moment I only have ONE 755A. here's a pic....playing some old Buddy Guy on it while taking pics.

Why I sold my last pair, I'll never understand. So often, I kept a lot of weird useless junk and sold something I love.

I am priced out of the market like everybody else. Anybody selling a cheap brown color, late model 755A let me know.

755As are the ones...that's fo' sure. The others are good midranges but nothing special.

Don't want to be feeding our Vintage Man in Washington, Art D, second-class goods!

Check out the totally "ill advised" construction on the 618 cab. Cheap 1/2" ply, no stuffing , only a piece of mineral wool laid in on an angle.
Not the best 755 cab but sounds better then it should be perhaps.

755As are not really rare. I am sure they made tens of thousands of these things. I used to find four or five a year at least, in the pre-internet days. Good luck now with ebay making everybody an "expert."

I got this one in a Fender Vibrochamp that I paid $250 for three years ago. A totally smokin telecaster speaker but you know I plucked it out fast!

What I am working on now is getting boxes made for my 10" version 756Bs. Only way I was able to afford or find a second one of these is through the kind intervention of a friend from the Altec board. It took me 5 years to pair these up but this one IS rare.

Trust me...I have had more ghetto vintage hookups than anybody! I once tried two 755Cs for bass and a 755A for highs. Well that kinda sucked actually, but I tried it.

However, Art has been looking at some of the super classics like SPUs and whatnot and I'd have to say the A is the only 755 in that league

------------------------------

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must remain silent -- Wittgenstein

Free your mind and your ass will follow -- Parliament/Funkadelic

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.