Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Faith got's nothing to do with it!

Well Art is one of my 3 favorite audio reviewers (Jack Roberts and Dick Olsher being the other two), but I disagree with AD's opinion piece in the August Stereophile. Better audio reproduction is NOT a matter of faith: It is easily proven via blind tests. I've converted many non-audiophiles by getting them to bring their favorite CDs, and comparing them blind to my vinyl system (where I have the same record on vinyl). Most are speechless, as the superiority of my vintage system is so marked. I remember when my father was moved to tears when he heard my vinyl version of one of his favorite classical CDs. I don't need or want any silly ritual. I simply want the best audio system I can afford. If some audio component is markedly superior to one I own, I'll get it (yes, if the price is right!). Faith has got the human race into a lot of trouble, and continues to block advancement right here and right now.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Faith got's nothing to do with it! - the old school 21:47:26 07/09/12 (137)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.