Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: So the rating system is perfect for you!

I never said you were wrong when it comes to your opinion. I just think based on some of the other manufacturers posting in this thread that my suggestion would be to be very fair to them. Plenty of manufacturers don't give me products I request and one dealer in Eastern Canada doesn't even reply because I felt his treatment of walk ins was laughable and I called them on it on a forum. No skin off my nose. Unfortunately they're the importer of an amplifier and speaker I quite like and probably would have raved on about but there are plenty of others to rave on about.

As for personal taste I am not exactly a fan of the Bryston sound or the Krell sound (granted the specific unit is class D). I find more value in Bryston due to the lower price and longer warranties and excellent customer service and I don't recall them being recalled due to being a possible fire-hazard.

Bryston 3BSST is about the absolute maximum I would pay for SS amplification - after that tubes take over for good. They take over for good well below that price too if you have reasonably efficient speakers. IMO of course. :-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.