Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: same experience

Hi Grant,
If that was my response, please let me offer a belated sincere apology for both the wording and my rudeness with you.

The project included two Hydra 4s with some internal differences. Here is the entire paragraph with the comparison in my "DIY Hydra" project that you misinterpreted to prefer the DIY version:

"And the results? After using the two power conditioners with different components – both tube and solid state – and at different times of day and night, I reached the conclusion that the "DIY Hydra" was a sonic twin to the production Shunyata Hydra 4, taking into account the additional purity provided by eliminating the varistor in my "DIY Hydra". I found that similar performance to a $700 manufactured product could be obtained for an expense of roughly $100 and some time and effort. The downside is that the "DIY Hydra" has a resale value of effectively zero. The well-reviewed - and deservedly so - Shunyata Hydra 4 will retain its value far better."

I surely do like your CX power cables! I hope the fact that I like and use some of your excellent products doesn't keep potential buyers away.

Regards,
JerryS

Edits: 06/27/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: same experience - JerryS 07:40:06 06/27/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.