Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

10 Audio is an excellent example of why reveiwers should not write bad reviews.

Essentially, 10 Audio (Jerry Siegal) is incompetent and unethical.

He panned a preamp of ours, not because it was noisy (he owned it for 7 years) but because I called him out when he reviewed one of our kit-built amps that he had bought used. He reviewed it as if it was the latest version of our fully-optioned amps factory-assembled. The amp he reviewed was a rat's nest of construction inside and was not representative of our gear to say the least. I'm not making this stuff up, when he got called out it was on this website.

When confronted with this, he changed the review of our preamp from one that was very good to bad, and trumped up some noise complaints and the like, none of which were true.

Bottom line is, 10 Audio should not be taken seriously by anyone. This is a person that suffers from what I have come to call 'AGS' - Audiophile Guru Syndrome- if it did not issue from his mouth, it is not the Gospel. Anyone who gets to the point that they cannot admit when they have made a mistake is someone who is at risk of AGS. Credibility thus suffers!

The 'bad review' point I am making is that there are politics that can influence whether the review is good or bad, which is something that should never happen. Thing is, you never know what is going on- did he get a bad sample, is he allowing his mood to influence the outcome, is he doing things that are outright unethical as he did with us? Anytime you see a bad review you have to ask these questions regardless of the source.

If it is genuinely bad, there simply should be no review at all. That is how the best players do it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.