Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: correction to your post

Art's Audio Notes measure just as bad in the issue where he reviewed the Wilson Sophia 3s, and he WAS using the horribly expensive Shindo gear then. It would appear that JA has never done any measurements of Art's Shindo gear. Here is some of a 6- moon review of the Shindo Cortese: "One of the things ...that the Cortese doesn't give you quite the sense of tempo that it should. everything seems a little more relaxed and easygoing. It never gets to the point of being bland or boring, but it could be a little harder knocking on the door of tempo at times...the Cortese's balance has a sweet and colorful midrange, laid-back highs, and bass that is a little tipped up." And, yet, the review was positive! there is clearly a cult of "Art". First he loved everything from Linn, and many followed. Then he fell in love with Audio Note and Shindo gear (Shindo's tts are the opposite approach from Linn's) I have no problem with changing your mind, but I DO have a problem with those who blindly followed Art's direction.

I have heard those who claim that the Audio Note speakers and the Quad ESL 57 sound similar. IMO, they sound NOTHING like each other!!! NOTHING! The Audio Notes sound mellow, with tipped up bass and recessed highs. The 57s are highly detailed, clear as a bell, with great presence.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: correction to your post - the old school 21:19:44 05/29/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.