Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Agree to disagree.

So explain why with bass heavy music in an average room positioned per manufacturer rating do they sound so utterly unconvincing in the bottom end? They being the 20.1.

This is not aided with websites with calculus lessons.

It is real in room response and in the several rooms I've heard them in they've all sounded abysmal dynamically. Loud yes - some deepish bass yes.

Don't give me amplifier power. I have heard them always with appropriate amplifier power. Which is why it's funny that the completely inappropriate amplifier power was the only one that made them sound good.

Flagship - Class, Bryston, Meridian, Sim Audio, McIntosh, Anthem, Arcam, Rotel, Got some big beastly 1Kw amps here.

I will give it another try - next week or the following i will try the 3.7 or 1.7 again. They have a nice normal sized room and have them well away from all room boundaries. I liked the sound of the 1.7 with the AN gear but AN gear is too costly in the sense that the combined price for the system and the results don't make the endeavor worth the money and of course you can't play it loud.

I went to hear it today but they were closed for Buddha's Birthday and when they finally opened they were doing inventory. I would love to like them more because they're thinness makes them a rather dream space saver in Hong Kong where you can just shove them up against the walls when not in use. And of course the price is affordable. But they always sound "affected" and have some major off-putting attributes that I have never been able to get past. I keep trying them because there is something to them I like as well.

But if it can't be run with a SET - it is being fed inferior sound quality so it has a strike against. Fortunately the store did carry some tubes - we shall hear. 1-2 weeks.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.