Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Agree to disagree.

Agree completely. But beyond the recordings used, I did find that some of the rooms where I was able to connect with the sound were generally the bigger ones where the speakers had plenty of room to the sides and behind and with high enough ceilings. In those rooms the seating positions were also well away from room boundaries and as a result the soundstage wasn't constricted to a two dimensional image between the speakers. I think the room the big YGs were in did not do them justice at all. I was very disappointed. In the Innovative Audio room I got only a sense of what the Sashas could do. They were too far apart, too close to the wall behind and 99 percent of the seating locations were poor. I'm sure that most of the speakers that left me cold would have blown me away if they were dialed in in and in better rooms. Worst in show (for me) were the very expensive KEF Blades. I'm guessing they sound incredible when setup correctly in an appropriate room but I heard nothing from them on Saturday which would encourage me to go back for a second listen and that's unfortunate.

Maggies, because you can never be too thin!

Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Agree to disagree. - MaggieLover 20:45:51 04/16/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.