Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: UHF is fun, but I don't consider their reviews reliable.

"Why should a big successful company put send them equipment to review?"

Big successful companies do send them stuff. Hello Bryston. The truth is that review publications have reviewers who can generally get most anything they want. Manufacturers will always take another review - it's cheap marketing - the more the better. It may be UHF doesn't want them - judging by their comment sections B&W isn't reviewed because they don't like the sound of them. UHF, I believe, has also mentioned that they'd be happy to borrow speakers for review - thus not going through a dealer and reviewing products whether the manufacturer wants it reviewed or not. And they can certainly do that with a purchased loudspeaker.

And the e-zines get the big boys Dagogo recently review B&W and it doesn't get bigger than them in hi-fi speaker brands. And we're not a print magazine nor do we measure equipment (if that's what you mean by reliable - UHF does do that - even if just a little).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: UHF is fun, but I don't consider their reviews reliable. - RGA 02:03:14 03/05/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.