Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

"how about we set a few things straight?"

yes let's get a few things straight.

"My good friend Analog Scott, like most other internet pundits, considers me a "dick" because I don't agree with his somewhat limited world view on high end audio."

No, i think you are a dick because of your perosnality. You are rude and arogant and you start fights for no good reason. That makes you a dick IMO. There are any number of people out there that don't share my views on high end audio that are polite and considerate. Complete gentlemen. I don't think those people are dicks at all.

" It's not that I don't like criticism (actually I don't, but then, who does) but I would like criticism that is more intelligent and points out a way to actually improve what we are doing."

Actually when you were given intelegent criticism on your review of AP's reissue of Cat Steven's Tea for the Tillerman you pretty much acted like a complete dick.
http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=260957&highlight=cat+stevens+tea+for+the+tillerman

"Scott is someone that goes out of his way to try and challenge everything I post on that forum because for whatever reason that must make him feel special at the end of the day."

that is just complete bullshit. And of course when one makes up bullshit about other people they are being a dick.

"Unlike Scott and the other internet grumpies, rather than constantly sniping about what Stereophile or TAS are doing wrong, I started my own publication and did it my way."

There you go again just makin shit up. Please show us where I constantly snip about what Stereophile or TAS are doing wrong. Again, One of the reasons I think you are a dick is becuase you make shit up like this.

"If you don't like me or you don't like our approach, I can live with that too. But don't tell me what I've spent the last 7 years of my life producing is a piece of crap, because it isn't."

Is it not clear that when I say I think you are a dick that is an expression of dislike towards you? So you can live with that right? And do you understand that when I say I think you are a hack it is an opinion I have of your writing skills and is based on reading a review you wrote? Again, it is an opinion I get to have. Doesn't matter whether or not you agree with it.

"I pose two challenges: A - I'd love to see you talk that rudely to me directly to my face"

Rest assured that if we met and you were as rude to me in person as you are on line I would treat you no differently in person as I do on line.

"B - I would love for you to submit to me what you do for a living, so that I could make equally snarky and dismissive comments about your work. I'm guessing you'd chicken out."

You are guessing I'd chicken out? That's a laugh. You know who I am and you know what I do for a living. If you want, feel free to start a thread on either forum and make all the snarky and dismissive comments you like about my work. I could not care less. OTOH I will step in and correct any factual errors. And I will certainly correct you when you misrepresent my motives as you have done in your post. So go ahead snark away.

Edits: 02/26/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.