Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: I've lost a lot of weight since then.

Sam it could very well be exactly what happened, but as you said it was some 20-25 years ago and I am often under the influence of prescribed pain medications! So my memory from back then is quite bad.

I said Take 5 Audio in New Haven because to be honest it was the only name I could recall ---{I lived in the E. Hrtfd, Glastonbury, Manchester area back then and live in Orlando, Fla today}--- of an audio salon in the New Haven/Fairfield county area of CT.

I also remember there was another very nice audio shop in New Haven, CT that unfortunately I cannot remember the name of, just like I forgot the name of the audio salon in Old Greenwich, CT. That's where I saw the HQD speaker system powered by Mark Levinson JC-2 and ML-2 25W Class A monoblocks & finally heard what a real highend system could sound like.

I don't believe I approached you, did I? IIRC I felt if you used a "pen name" it was probably because you did't want to be bothered in public, by people who read your reviews in Stereophile, when you were on your own time as Tom G. but then again I may be mistaken because it was 20-25 years ago.

I'm listening to...

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata )

Full-range/Wide-range Drivers --- Front & Back-Loaded Horns
Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society
=================================================================================
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted."

- William Shakespeare from The Merchant of Venice; Act V,i

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society
Full-range/Wide-range Drivers --- Front & Back-Loaded Horns --- High Sensitivity Speakers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I've lost a lot of weight since then. - thetubeguy1954 10:07:00 02/20/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.