Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Did anyone else read the BSG QOL review in TAS?

No problem with your veracity. I made my statement conditional because I don't think it right to make negative statements about products that aren't based on my first hand knowledge, which could come from hands-on experience with a product or reading the company's marketing literature. In this case, I had neither, just material posted on AA.

A product that has a bypass switch that is not level matched is deceptive. The whole point of a bypass switch is to enable A - B comparisons and these are impossible unless levels are matched. This is basic to competent audio production techniques, which depend on making correct decisions. Of course it could be that the product was somehow out of adjustment. But if I were a snake oil salesman I would engineer my products to boost the gain so that everyone could hear the magical "effect". This kind of hocus pocus is one of the things that discredits much of audio, particularly the high end "industry".

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.