Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: How are the products to be reviewed selected?

Well Denon could start by asking the magazines to review their player. The other is for someone on staff to have heard it and felt that it was excellent and they request the unit from Denon or the distributor.

Some brands go under the radar because if most of the stuff that they make is deemed mediocre then one tends to put them on the ignore list - then when they do come out with some anniversary edition "this is better than the usual stuff we put out" few people are aware of it. They're busy reviewing stuff that is consistently superior.

Speaking personally I am rather tired of reading reviews of stuff that pretty much anyone can spend 5 minutes in their local shop auditioning. You could probably audition the mainstream usual suspect brands yourself at a local shop faster than waiting for your subscription to arrive in the mail.

Reviews are more helpful when they tell you about stuff that you might have to make trip to go audition.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.