Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: LOL

I will not make an argument regarding the digital processing capabilities in today's PC and standalone crossover/EQ. I have been sitting on the fence on applying these for the last 3+ years. I have advised others on applying the Behringer DCX and coupling it with passive high frequency crossover components to extract the max from recordings. That since ADA paths still make a distinct impact on analog sources in the upper reaches. Typically, the reconstituted music sounds like the DAC more so than it sounds like the original.

I have used White Instruments passive LR only cut only EQ, which I still have but don't use anymore. Despite very good transparency, it is thin in the upper mids and treble, and slightly wooly in the bottom octave. You have probably come across these units before. Commonly used in the day for mastering EQ etc.

I have not tried to listen to a well set up music multichannel since my fiasco of an experience at our local best dealer. So you know I am not there on the page with you, but probably more so from lack of exposure than familliarity breeding contempt.

Re reliance on reviews, see my post at this URL, and see if you approve.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: LOL - Satie 12:40:24 03/06/11 (0)
    • RE: LOL - josh358 19:29:10 08/19/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.