Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: It does not work that way...

>You continue to miss the point I was making, "audiohobby."

I am not missing the point, however you are as I addressed the selfsame issue upteen times in my replies to E-Stat.

>There are 2 incontrovertible facts involved in my parable.

Only the first statement satisfies that criterion.

>2) The solid-state amplifier did not satisfy me in long-term listening, despite all the non-audio factors working in its favor.

Your comments do not take into account hidden or unconscious bias. It is impossible for the observer to reliably claim that they are fully aware of ALL their biases, as a result it is impossible to claim that all their biases favour a particular choice as you have claimed. A priori knowledge informs both the known and hidden biases, since the observer is not necessarily aware of their hidden (or unconscious) biases, how do they mitigate against it effects in a sighted test? They can't, it is an inherent weakness in sighted tests.

>2) Sighted listening tests are inherently unreliable, due to the presence of non-audio factors.

And you will be correct because of the reasons outlined in my previous comments.

Music making the painting, recording it the photograph

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.