Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Ozzie..the problem with that is...

that reviewers cannot buy every product they review. I have a pair of speakers I'm reviewing right now that I would love to buy, but I can't.
First off they weigh about 400 lbs each - they are encased in granite. With the large stands filled with lead shot that makes them about 400 lbs per side. Do I want to move those around every time I review another speaker? No...also, they cost about $7k. But that means I could buy them for a lot less, right? No again. They are sold directly so they do not have a distributor's and retail markup. I MIGHT get 10% off. Same with the Halcros I just finished. Should I buy those, too? How about the 2 $10k tables I'm evaluating right now? Ouch. Bill Gates I am not.

THe fact is, there are not many components that have been here that I would NOT love to buy, but I have not purchased one. THe funny thing is, the one thing I have purchased is cables - you know, the things that everyone has tons of laying around.

There are lots of myths floating around out there.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Ozzie..the problem with that is... - jdarby 16:10:31 03/23/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.