Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Here's the problem...

In the above post you state:

"My intent was to point out some of the underlying differences and suggest characteristics that might be expected in a user-friendly audio publication primarily devoted to helping and empowering its readers"

But that's not what your ORIGINAL post articulated... in fact, the bulk of your original post comes off as a rant primarily aimed at Stereophile. Here are some excerpts from your post:

"Changes might include some or all of the following, relating generally to SF"

"Instead of eliminating components from the SF "recommended components" list three years after they were last reviewed, include a listing of other possible choices, including some reviewed in prior years"

"Also helpful would be what the good and less good features were, how the component compares to other possible choices in the same category, and what other alternatives may be available. Apparently, this suggestion has been considered and rejected by SF. To me, this suggests a truly snobbish attitude on the part of SF and a total disregard for the time and priorities of its readers."

I have not said that you're being dishonest, and I am not challenging your right to post in this forum. But I do question your motives. If it were known to you that some other editor from some other audio magazine posted here regularly... would you then direct your criticism at that other mag? In other words, your posts in this topic (which you started) seem like they are formulated to get a response from JA, NOT like a productive discussion at all. If you read Stereophile regularly, then you would know that it is not a publication that uses DBT in its reviews. Knowing this, you toss out completely unfounded claims like:

" I think that most readers would like to see at least some reports of blind testing IN SOME FORM..."

Where do you get this information? You mean that YOU would like to see it. According to you, there are SCORES of disappointed Stereophile readers out there. Who/where are they?

Your biases seem to outshine any constructive influence your post might have had.

I, for one, hope that Stereophile stays just like it is... That doesn't prevent you from finding something you like better. More power to you!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.