Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

"First of all, no reviewer wants to spend their time reviewing bad sounding equipment."--WHY NOT?

No disrespect intended here, but you can't tell me that there hasn't been gear that's been well advertised and caused quite a stir that was not, in the end, the cats pajamas. If you want my personal list, that's fine by me. I have no problem starting a new thread asking the readership of this particular forum about their own personal let-downs and nightmares with components that were recommended by audio publications, in print or on-line, that were not "As Advertised".

Wouldn't a reviewer be praised for analyzing such equipment and then showing with both test results as well as listening experiences that the component in question is NOT a good choice?

How did we get to the point in this hobby where reviewers can say in public that no one wants to read bad reviews? What sheer and utter bullshit! That's like saying no one wants to hear about recalls on faulty automobiles.

Wake up call to all reviewers............we want the good the bad and the ugly. Stop pretending that all we want is good news. WE never told you that that's all we want. YOU never asked us. Stop assuming. It insults us and it cheapens your endeavors.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • "First of all, no reviewer wants to spend their time reviewing bad sounding equipment."--WHY NOT? - J-PMatt@Comcast.Net 17:20:23 03/08/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.