Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Perhaps you ought to re-read your own last paragraph.

Your opinion of Stereophile is tainted by your own erroneous description of what their goal as a viabhle commercial entity is.

"The contrast with the Audio Critic which I briefly browsed for the first time last night is striking. Peter Aczel can relax and map pretty much from the brain to the pen, write straightforward technical articles and reviews without the need for audiophile "creativity", call on people in the audio mainstream who could not have their name associated with the anti/pseudo science of Stereophile for articles and information, etc..."

So 'In contrast...," Stereophile's writers are unable to "relax and map pretty much from the brain to the pen," meaning that they have another agenda that does not allow them to tell the truth. That agenda seems to be making manufacturers happy. This opinion of yours has been addressed numerous times by JA, certainly to my satisfaction.

"...the anti/pseudo science of Stereophile for articles and information, etc..." Boy, that's a deusie! You are clearly stating that you Stereophile is anti science, or at the least, pseudo-scientific. If your feelings weren't clear before, they certainly are now.

"Yet the lack of what one might call professionalism in considering what his readers are probably going to to want to read rather than what he wants to write about is striking compared with Stereophile."

Oh, this may ostensibly be a condemnation of Mr. Aczel, your implication (again not difficult to discern) is that Stereophile writes only what it's readers want to read, not what it's writers want to say.

Did I read you incorrectly?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.