Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: The only area where TAS shits on Stereophile is in their music reviews

"We lost a generation to computers and video games during the 80's and 90's"

I'll stand by that statement. The CEA and PARA stats here in the US show that the avg. age of the audio consumer has risen steadily since the 80's. It's almost scary....as if all we're doing is just selling new products to the same group who went to High School and College in the 70's. My point in the quote above has more to do with the amount of time spent relative to the 80's and 90's...the investment made in music-reproduction hardware....and the cultural phenomenon.

I agree with your point about trying to sell old technology to new consumers. I've attended some HiFi events, have been in the business 33 years, and can tell you that discussions about improving the sound off a hard drive gets much more attention with the 20's and 30's generation than vintage hi fi.IMHO, the process moves more like this...they improve the sound of their hard drive.....they improve their amps, wire, cabling, and speakers.......then they graduate to turntables and tubes ;>)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: The only area where TAS shits on Stereophile is in their music reviews - jim@signalpath 07:59:46 03/14/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.