Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

the tubes

point #1: the magazine isnt only about hp. remember 'further thoughts' and jwc comments etc? harry was challenged, as anyone should and might be by his peers. and times change.

tas and other mags have been roundly criticized for droning on in abstruse verbiage, the reviews are now more concise. and nobody in these cyber pages has championed hp more than myself.

i know harry isnt all happy with the current state of affairs but neither is any other monarch when FULL control is lost to others. those of us who have been around for the longest still revere his opinions.

still today, much of what is reviewed in tas is off the stereophile beaten track, some crosses over (wilson maxx2s). affordable (as my sony ns500v is in spades) and not so affordable.

copying. tas had the ORIGINAL recommended components list. then stereophile made recs in EVERY possible category and tas responded by doing something similar. bizness is bizness. i for one am glad hp didn't let the doors slam shut and have NO tas!

high horse----NOT! be thankful for tas and stereophile for when EITHER are gone, you will be poorer for it.

...regards...tr

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.