Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

HIFI+s UNIQUE LAYOUT / EQUIP. PHOTOS

I subscribe to all three magazines valuing each for theyre own unique yet discernible traits.Its been my feeling Stereophile does a great job of informing me about a broad aspect of equipment and its associated virtues as well as drawbacks.I feel they pack a lot of various product information on a monthly basis and offer the right ballance with theyre two annual recommended components sections, not overdoing it in that aspect.I might add I feel they employ many of the most witty and knowledgable writers in the field today, names like Art Dudley, Wes Phillips and John Marks come immediatly to mind and reassure me in my monthly read.When combining that with J. A.s product measurements [sidebars] helping broaden ones understanding of equipment and how different products interact within the context of a system ballanced against one another.All good stuff.On the other hand I recently let my subscription at Absolute Sound expire feeling they lost that ballance with to many recommended products reports and since Harry P. left the helm I feel its slid although I feel Robert Harleys Guide to High End Audio has been an invaluable tool in helping educate me about gear, just too much filler.Finally enter HIFI+; a really great and unique magazine[even the paper has a quality feel] with terrific pictoral layouts of equipment as well as entertaining reads with lots of tube gear that Id personally not heard of prior to subscribing to this magazine.Also a great monthly music recommendation in the back of this magazine that shouldnt be overlooked, very helpful. So yes, lets hope it does not change or regress in terms of quality as I have about 2 years left on a fresh renewal.Regards Tim W...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • HIFI+s UNIQUE LAYOUT / EQUIP. PHOTOS - timothywas1@comcast.net 14:13:20 03/06/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.