Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: Hi)FI+ being brought by Absolute Media

I hope they keep the design and the paper stock. I love those aspects. But I also enjoy the writing a lot (the only audio mag I read cover to cover) and I certainly hope they don't muck with that! Their music review format is clear and informative. My assumption, right or wrong, is that Absolute Media bought it for what it is and will choose to maintain most of it's character (or else they want to squash the competition and just kill it).

With a more corporate owner I wonder where the advertising will go? It's mostly UK-based right now. Will AM bring more into the US and use it to extend their reach into Europe and keep it a UK focus...

Anyway, it's a great read and I hope it remains truthful or gets even better. To see it fade away would be a great loss.

One thing that can be improved is the distribution! It usually arrives in my mail box weeks after I see it on the newstand, and it appears on some newstands much later than at other newstands.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Hi)FI+ being brought by Absolute Media - Budrew 11:38:10 03/06/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.