Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

I lived just outside the Beltway for awhile, and actually spent daylight hours

inside the Beltway where we communicated in tongues and pens that would not stop. Despite our tireless efforts, we said nothing. It sounds as if things have deteriorated further.

The trick you described was used long ago by public companies seeking to boost their revenues for the year. You see, on the last day of the year you ship a bunch of stuff to customers that they really didn't order. Then you load it into trucks and let it take a long drive until physical inventory was completed and signed off by the external auditors. Then the trucks could come home.

I am pleased to know that USPS management is unafraid to employ bold and innovative tactics. As I have mentioned to you earlier, I believe they tie our mail to wild antelope (is there any other kind?) out here as a form of mail lottery. If anything falls off of the antelope in the vicinity of your residence, you "win".

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I lived just outside the Beltway for awhile, and actually spent daylight hours - bwkendall 10:42:37 09/29/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.