Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Re: Do the LV snubber too, the problem is the 2 wire plug

I've taken some of your suggestions. I ran a wire from the ground bus to the amp chassis and a wire from the preamp chassis plate to the amp chassis. The reduction in hum was barely noticeable and insignificant. I also ran a 3-prong extension chord from a 3-prong outlet in another room to my music listening area. This made the biggest difference in hum reduction, but hum is still audible. I'm planning to buy a Powervar also. I may try the LV snubber, but I'm getting pretty discouraged. My interconnects are high quality using Canare wire and they are well out of the way of the transformer. I use the same interconnects with the SS preamp and it is quiet. It seems reasonable to me that if the preamp is within operating specs (and it is, confirmed by Doc B)then it should function well (without audible hum). If my SS preamp can operate my Dynaco quietly then I would think that the Bottlehead should do it just as well if not better. I purchased the Bottlehead based on the reviews and experiences of others, but I'm beginning to question my decision on this matter now. Just getting discouraged.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.