Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Re: Bottleheader's Favorite Speaker Wires and IC's (DIY or 'store bought')?

I use teflon coated Cat5 for all interconnects and internal signal wiring. I have tried some silver wire but didn't like it. Everytime I change some stranded wire to the cat5 you can hear the difference. To me it doesn't sound like wire, it's transparent. I have not tired all the wire out there but can't see how anything can beat the price performance ratio.
I sent a friend some cat5 interconnects and he wouldn't use them because he had his kimber hero ICs. I was just visiting him last week. I brought the foreplay I built for him. As I was trying to get his system sounding good, I found those cat5 ICs and replaced the Hero's. It rocked his world. He was a firm believer in the concept that you get what you pay for. You know the type; reads stereophile, buys into the hype.
Does anyone want to buy some used .5M Kimber Hero's?

As far as speaker cable I am using Axon 8 I believe it is called. I purchased it from Zalytron for around $2/ foot. It is 8 individually insulated solid copper wires around a poly core. Very nice sounding. I have not been tempted to try anything new since.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Bottleheader's Favorite Speaker Wires and IC's (DIY or 'store bought')? - mistergroovy 11:57:39 02/26/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.