Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Re: Lee, A question about your ICs

Most of the ideas on the CCC have come from Chimera Labs. I have not used their wire, but use the Vampire CCC 26.5 awg instead of their 25.5.

The Vampire isn't 26.5 gauge. It's more like 25.5. Might even be the same wire Chimera's selling. It's not like there are many companies producing this stuff. :)

I will be building new IC's using 4 26.5 awg, just as the Chimera ones. I like the Eichmann RCA's due to performance (OFC) and especially for their price, half the price of Vampire, DH Labs, etc.

I've tried the Vampire 26.5, er, 25.5 in a quad braid using the Eichmanns. Very good combination and hard to beat the price.

For me though it was bettered by a quad braid of 30 gauge Alloy 30, a copper/nickel alloy resistance wire with a double build polyurethane enamel (same as what's used on the Vampire). However I'm not aware of anyone selling that type of wire in conveniently small quantities for DIY unless 10 pounds is conveniently small. :)

se

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.