Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Re: Bottleheader's Favorite Speaker Wires and IC's (DIY or 'store bought')?

Like everyone else started with braided cat 5 cable, sounded OK, went to single stranded silver, much better, and finally to silver ribbon ala Allen Wright, the best sounding to date. I am now trying some litz braided cryo treated cat 6, this is very close to the silver ribbon cable. I have ordered some Van den Hul C-122 cable, will give it a try. The only commercial cable that I have used is Silver Sonic, it was equal to the cat 5 braided cable but all other of my cables have been far superior

For IC's I have tried everything out there, my best cables are solid silver, silver ribbon, braided CCC magnet wire, and now solid 20 awg Vampire CCC, I really enjoy this construction. Personally I am leaning toward any cable built with the Vampire CCC magnet wire (litz braided), with Eichmann Bullet RCA's or Vampire 800c OFC RCA's. I much prefer the sound of Continious Cast Copper over Silver in my system. All interconnect are encased in some sort of teflon (tube, 3/8" tape, plumbers tape)with braided copper around that, grounded only at one end, and with heat shrink over the cu braid. I use teflon plumbers tape on all bare copper in the RCA, and fill in the void inside the RCA's case with a split EAR plug.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.