Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Maybe a Parafeed 5842/417a headphone amp isn't such a good idea (Paul Joppa) (Jeremy Epstein)

After looking at all the info I could find and taking into account what I had learned from you I came to the conclusion that trying to build a 417a Parafeed headphone amp probably isn't the ideal first project (since half of what you said went way over my head). I would still like to build a Parafeed headphone amp. Is there another tube that would be better suited for this application. Maybe a 6DJ8? I'm not totally incompetent(just partially) but I can't speak your language yet. I also had the thought that maybe a set of Paramours with a different output transformer and different operating points might work. I just want for my first project to sound right any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Gavin Haley

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Maybe a Parafeed 5842/417a headphone amp isn't such a good idea (Paul Joppa) (Jeremy Epstein) - G 17:53:18 05/15/01 (19)

You can not post to an archived thread.