Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: Stereomour release?

The circuit is pretty much the old Paramour circuit, with new plate chokes and output transformers (similar quality to the Paramount iron, and a step up from the old stock units).

Specifics:

12AT7 driver, shared between channels

0.1uF/600v coupling cap

coupling cap 3.3uF/600v (nominal optimum would be 2.5uF for 2A3, 5.0uF for 45)

three switched inputs, single volume control, no headphones

C4S driver load is standard

2A3 uses paralleled resistors in the power supply and cathode bias, one of which is removed for 45 operation, and the plate choke tap is switched between 45 and 2A3. No other changes.

Can operate a 2A3 as if it were a 45, for more conservative operation

If there is enough demand, and when he gets caught up, I expect Magnequest will have some upgrade iron, but there is no suitable output transformer yet.

For what it's worth, the (hopefully!) final iteration on the power transformer and output transformers have just arrived in the lab. I'll be checking them out while Doc B sorts out some other final details of parts selection and layout before we assemble the production prototype for the manual photos.

Incidentally, once this is a going concern I hope we can assemble the various bits of prototype parts into a few unique, assembled versions of the amp.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.