Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Bride of Erostein

Grainger came up for the weekend and we did some tube rolling. Or I guess tube conversion. We changed the Paramount back to 300B from 2a3 and I think what they say that there isn't that much difference between new production 2a3 and 300B was true in this case. There was a much bigger difference between the EH300B and the Shuguang 300B than between the Shuguang 300B and 2a3c. So I am sticking with 300B, might as well have the extra power since I am pretty much just using new production. Bass is certainly deeper.

On the Eros front we have experimented with EF40 and weren't overly impressed. Instead of altering the pins we just built an adapter for the 6BR7. Jury is still out. Compared to the Russian EF86 ($4 each) the 6BR7 ($10 each) were quite beautiful, but so are the Russian tubes. Just not sure if they were really better enough to justify actually moving wires again. Will spend some more time with them, but lots of fun.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Bride of Erostein - Paully 12:34:37 10/11/09 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.