Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: Some Quick Impressions of the "Quickie"

I received my two Quickie kits on Oct 8th (the name "quickie" also applies very well to its delivery).

One green plate, one white plate. The white one had two of the 9V battery lead holes undrilled, so I used the peel-off paper from the other plate as a template, and used a small hand drill, and appropriately sized drill bit, and had no problems doing so.

The green plate closely matches my Paramounts and FPIII, so it should fit in with them very nicely.

If you want to add a phone jack hole, just drill slowly & carefully, and keep the RPMs low (that's why I used a small hand drill), and don't use too much pressure. I'd also advise using a series of increasing diameter drill bits, rather than only using a 3/8 drill bit. It's a lot easier than drilling aluminum or even wood.

I did all of the basic chassis assembly in one sitting (OK, I took a short pee break between the two of them), and with the assistance a couple of mild adult beverages (though this isn't an absolutely necessary part of the process). No missing parts, and nothing left over ;-)

Next comes the wiring, soldering, testing and listening, as time allows (the next rainy day or two). No need to rush things...

Stay tuned...

/ed B in NC
real radios glow in the dark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.