Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

The Reveal #3 - The final I promise

By popular demand, I've also included a shot of one of the Zigmahornets I built last winter along with a subwoofer from Parts Express with a new cabinet and grill. I even have one of the infamous original PS1 game units I got on eBay for $20 to use as a CD player.

The drivers for the hornets come from Two Bald Guys Audio. At $65 per matched pair, it was a deal I couldn't refuse. I used 1/2" mdf with 1/4" cherry as a veneer. They have a great soundstage and at 94 spl, they work well with the Sex. I probably have less than $200 in the pair. I originally used the Sexy speaker recommended by Doc B., however, these sound better for my taste.

One other thing I would recommend is purchasing an HD FM receiver. There is a definite increase in sound quality with no background noise and the extra side channels are great. Check the HD Radio website in your area for the channels available. The Sony unit from Amazon is less than $100 with remote. It ain't tubes, but you can't have everything I guess.

That's enough of using up the space of this great site with my ramblings. Whew - stick me with a fork - I'm done.

Joel in Tennessee

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - The Reveal #3 - The final I promise - bainjs 16:28:04 10/07/09 (9)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.