Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Some Help

I hope this will help. I see you posted two threads one on system hum and this one that the system is too loud when playing your CD player (CDP).

You describe your system in the other thread but don't say if you have a FP 2 or FP III. If you have the FP III the instructions tell you how to lower the CDP volume to try to match it to your Seduction's output. There are already 33k ohm resistors (I think that is the value) between the terminal strips and the selector switch now. The instructions tell you how to change those with the supplied (with your kit) resistors to lower the input.

If it is a FP 2 then the same thing applies, you can insert a series resistor between the CDP RCA jack input and the selector switch and lower the CDP volume.

Whether you have a FP 2 or FP III you do not need to change the stepped volume controls.

The problem with hum is interesting. If I understand you have hum, in both channels but louder in one. When you turn off one of the Paramours the hum goes away. Well, if you turn off the channel with the loudest hum that should completely go away but the other channel hum should not go away.

Am I getting this right?

Also, Paul Joppa asked about your system's power source. You answered that all components were plugged into a grounded power strip, but is that strip plugged into a grounded outlet?

Did you adjust the hum pots on your Paramours?

And just to help you on the generic names, the Seduction is a Phono Stage, the Foreplay is a Line Stage, and Paramours are power amplifiers. But you probably knew about the Paramours. That will help avoid confusion.

Post back and we can go from here.

Remember, YOU are the only one who needs to be happy with the sound of your system

Grainger Morrison
There Is Only One (Grainger Morrison, it seems)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Some Help - Grainger49 12:24:40 10/07/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.