Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: Thanks for having us on Sunday Dan!

Hey Richard, thanks for the kind words. It was great to see you and the rest of the old crew as well as the newer attendees. Kind of interesting to think how we've evolved over the years from a bunch of dumpster divers meeting to play with obscure tubes nobody ever heard of to a group holding events where some of the attendees have systems that are worth more than my house. I tend to agree that the Series Two titles of the Tape Project are getting even more into the musical groove we had in mind when we started. We hope to continue to pick up some really great titles as more of the big labels become aware of what we are doing and offer to participate in licensing everyone's favorites.

Just as a point of reference, I was actually playing a 16/44 file through the DAC. I haven't had a chance to acquire any 24/96 files that I care to demo with yet and we will need to develop a coax interface before we can run 24/192. Right now we are using TOSLINK connections for sake of ease both to get from the sound card to the DAC and to reclock, and TOSLINK is limited to 24/96. Thanks to the dedicated effort of John Swenson the DAC project is continually evolving and I think it's really showing some fine potential. Now that we have TP Series Two underway I will be able to spend some time continuing to develop the DAC output stage and also put together a more refined server to go with it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Thanks for having us on Sunday Dan! - Doc B. 10:54:27 09/29/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.