Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: Demo of Horn Shoppe speakers and/or Madisound BK-16 speakers

The two named speakers are quite different in many respects - IINM, the Full Monty Madisound BK16 kit includes a T90 horn tweeter, and sells for almost twice the price of the Hornshoppe FE126E horns.

Depending on your listening habits, the SEX amp might be borderline for party SP levels in a huge room, but certainly more than adequate for average relaxed listening.

I've heard an older pair with the FE108Sigma on Paramour I, and a current pair with FE126E on both a DIY EL84 P/P (5watts class A triode), and Vaughn Audio Carina - a gorgeous sounding EL84 SE, but not quite enough power for the Horn's owner in triode mode.

You could always post an query at Ed's manufacturer's forum for someone close to your location - there are many hundreds of pairs of Horns out there - chances are someone with driving distance from you.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Demo of Horn Shoppe speakers and/or Madisound BK-16 speakers - chrisby 14:26:09 09/28/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.