Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: Streomour w/45s questions

They will be buildable with 45s or 2A3s. I tried to make the change as easy as possible - there are four resistors that are single resistors for the 45, or two in parallel for the 2A3 - the auxiliary resistors are fairly accessible.

I have described the transformers to Mike but he does notyet have a specific upgrade transformer for this amp. (Well it's not a product yet!) The EXO45 at 5K is pretty close to the stock 4K impedance and would fit. The BH-2 (for 45s) and BH-6 (for 2A3s) would be excellent plate chokes. Incidentally, the stock iron is significantly better than the Paramour II iron; more along the lines of the stock Paramount units.

It's pretty roomy under the hood. We are sticking with the 10" x 12" chassis plate; 10" wide and 12" deep (plus an inch for the wood base).

I don't know whether Doc is still planning to go to RMAF; I think I heard some partnering arrangement fell through so maybe not.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.