Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: Thinking ahead to Stereomour...

To get more power, you must supply more power. More volts and more current from the power supply, that is. Since Paramour in all its iterations has aimed to be the least expensive directly-heated power amp we could manage, there is not enough power supply to spare for an 8-watt 300B amp. It will adapt to a 45, of course - that requires less power and is less demanding.

It is AC heated of course. That means 2-3mV of hum with a good 2A3, and I do not recommend it with headphones. A 300B will usually make at least 5mV and 8mV is not as uncommon as you would hope, if it has AC filament power. I just think that's too much, so I can't see an AC-heated 300B. There may be a 300B integrated eventually - I'm certainly thinking about it - but I don't see a good enough design yet.

Incidentally, CB is right about the iron. I will be making small modifications to the design of all the iron shortly (including the power transformer). The audio iron re-designs are pretty much complete as of last Friday, but the power transformer might take another week.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.