Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Remembrance of Foreplay or FP III vs FP II

My 2 plus year old FP III is finally getting the extended upgrade. While it sits on the bench I have taken my long beloved and much moded FP II out of the plastic storage container, dusted her off, swapped in the tubes and after a careful look-see put her into the main system…. fired her up. MUSIC! I am always surprised….
I have been listening for about an hour now. And the FP II sounds delightful, really a wonderful preamp. I remember all the places we went together, the lessons and the adventures. I am grateful to that little preamp because it is how I got the bug to Bottlehead and DIY a system. Thanks for all the help, friendships and wonderful music that have resulted.
But alas, I know why the FP II resides in a place of honor in the loft “electronics lab.” Because her sibling overshadows; the FP III is fuller, has better soundstage and more authority. It is the best I can do with the differences, the III is everything the 2 is but more. The 2 sounds clean and crisp, a very slim and pretty girl. The III is clearly a more mature version, great legs, more meat on the bones and able to communicate the passions of the moment. In reading the reviews people have written about the upgrade of the FP III, it appears the improvement should be on the same order with the difference between the II and the III. That should be pretty spectacular.
The only thing I find more astonishing than the cost/benefit ratio of my Bottlehead system is the fact that Doc B., Eileen and PJ figured out a way to make a business out of selling us these kits.

Thanks to all at Bottlehead and all here on the forum as well!

Best regards, Chuck, a.k.a. Air

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Remembrance of Foreplay or FP III vs FP II - Air 13:19:49 09/20/09 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.