Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: Is Eros compatible with my preamp?

Looks like the input impedance of your preamp is quite stable (based on the review posted), so the Eros will likely work well in spite of the heavy load. The Eros output circuit is basically identical to Seduction except that it has a capacitor twice as large. We have used Seduction into the Sweetest Whispers wired as a 15K "passive preamp" and found it quite satisfactory as long as the power amp has sufficient gain. For that application we usually recommend a larger output capacitor in Seduction, to preserve the deepest bass. The larger 1.0uF Eros capacitor is probably quite good, though you could experiment with a larger cap, up to maybe 3.3uF.

The effects of a lower than optimal load impedance are a reduction of gain (around 3dB with a 13K load) and an increase in distortion. The circuit can output 15-20 volts, so in normal operation with 20dB headroom the distortion will be quite small even into a 10K load.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.