Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

VSAC Amp Class

For those who missed it, the amp class was an awesome time! We started Friday night with a very concise lecture and Q&A with PJ, then moved to a Front Panel Express talk, learning lots of tricks and shortcuts.

The pictures below are of the Saturday amp building series (I didn't have a spare hand to grab the camera on Friday)

In order of front to back: tsingle999, Gaspode, and Caffeinator

Caffeinator working up his layout.

Here we have the two layouts side by side and the finished enclosure. On the left is the layout designed in class, and on the right was the quick bang out I did to have a sample to listen to a few months ago. I gave the guys a pass on the power supply, but we had a good discussion on parts layout, and a very large portion of the signal layout of the left amp was determined by them. There were no manuals to build these, and by the end of the course they were almost completely on their own!

Everybody finished their amplifiers, and we even had time to go through installing C4S boards as a plate load. Having the exhibition room handy, everybody got to have a listen to their gear on my 102db efficient Klipsch speakers fed by an Empire TT, Seduction II, and Extended Foreplay III. All in all, it was certainly a blast, and the after class activities weren't too shabby either!

Edits: 05/27/08

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - VSAC Amp Class - Caucasian Blackplate 17:30:44 05/27/08 (19)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.