Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Re: Thoughts on Mirror Image Amps

I started building my mirror image Parabee's by making a tracing of the top plate onto a piece of paper. Drew in the components and the terminal strips adding the numbers for clarity. Starting with the standard (right) amp I drew the wiring on paper as I built the amp. Before starting the second amp I flipped the top plate over and traced the layout again on paper. Even flipped the second amp was easier and quicker to build. I still have those layout pages in my Parabee binder, each clearly labeled Left or Right. The original paper manual is in the front Pocket of the binder, my build notes as well as anything printed out from the forum about mods, problems or suggestions, especially if PJ or Doc wrote it. I have a section for changes made and what I thought of them. Like when I miswired the change to DC heaters and darn near melted the transformer (what’s that smell?), but I digress. The only thing that I would do different next time was mentioned by AZ Gary; rotate the power tube (2A3 or 300B) base so the labels both read from the front of the amp. That way they really will be mirror images. A little more work but I’m still glad I did it.

Best regards, Chuck

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Thoughts on Mirror Image Amps - Air 14:30:42 10/14/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.