Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

shunt regulated upgraded ParamourII 45 project starts today

I got the components in yesterday for the conversion of my Paramour II with iron upgrade to a 45 amp with shunt regulation for both the driver and the output stage. I'll shoot pictures of the installation process, and if it works as well as we hope I'll take a survey and put together a production run of the conversion kit for iron upgraded Paramour II owners who want to try it. Perhaps PJ will pipe in here about the possibility of using this mod in earlier versions of the iron upgraded Paramour. If I'm not mistaken this would be the only production parafeed SE amp that is fully shunt regulated.

My plan is to try this amp on the ribbon tweeter in my S8s, and to build a separate Paramount for each of the eight woofers. I bet it would be equally useful on the super efficient slot loaded tweeter of the Climax, if not even better.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - shunt regulated upgraded ParamourII 45 project starts today - Doc B. 10:04:17 05/22/07 (31)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.