Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Beaming/shouting

I set up my speakers in a new house room after about a year in storage.The room is about 4.5x6x2.3 metres so reasonable dimensions.The speakers are at least 1 or more meters from the back and about 70-80 cm from the side, 2.5 metres apart and I am about 2.5/2.8 meters from the speakers.The back and side walls are solid brick and one meter behind my listening position are double glazed sliding aluminum veranda doors.
I needed to bring the speakers quite a bit out (more than a meter)from the back walls to lessen the effect of soundstage smearing.
Associated equipment is 300b DIY integrated amp ,JEL/WALTON type,non-oversampling 1543 dddac.I am using the bastanis speaker cables and ic and magic filters.
HOWEVER, I still find I cannot get rid of a shouting/beaming/ringing sensation in the mid frquencies on certain voices,piano notes etc that I wrote about some time ago in my last house.I have switched out speakers to check and the effect is not there with the other speakers.
I remember the effect was there but less in the last house.I have tried moving the speakers around but the effect more or less remains.When I get up close to the speaker or even behind it the effect is there so I don't think it is the room set up.
Has anybody else noticed this?
Perhaps the speakers need another few hundred hours of running-in after not being used for a year?
Maybe the c37 etc treatment has dried up after many months in a highly oxidizing environment next to the sea where I used to be?

(By the way I want to COMPLAIN on the low quality of speaker basket painting--it started to peel and rust after 6 months in my last house-now you can imagine the hassle of trying to repaint and clean a speaker basket with the rest of the speaker parts attached.....)

Maybe I should line the basket with felt to minimize vibrations?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Beaming/shouting - prots 01:25:53 04/22/09 (8)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.