Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: Any experiences with different caps in the Prometheus

If you are even thinking of going to the Atlas setup it is a no brainer. Most people have a problem because they have time and money invested in a single driver baffle. The Atlas setup (IMO) will give you the following: Better dynamics, less distortion, and yes, a larger, denser presentation of the music. Depending on your room size, the original 12" driver subs should be sufficient. The only downside is the cost of the driver and reworking the baffles. Also, your amp must be able to run a 16 ohm load. Most can without a problem but you will get less power due to the impedance mismatch (assuming no 16 ohm taps). I use an Emission Labs 300b XLS to get some of the power back. I just set my cathode current to 107mA using an adjustable resistor. Oh, BTW, if you are using a mesh plate 300b that is giving you a lusher presentation than a solid plate at the expense of detail, accuracy, openness, and even soundstage. Depends on what you are really looking for.
Regards
Tony

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.