Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: Any experiences with different caps in the Prometheus

I hear you on backing off the crossover point and actually have had them around 10:30 for some time with great results.

I actually had another pair of Cary's with about $1200 worth of parts mods including the Mundorfs SIO and yes they were somewhat better but the density issue was still there. Actually the stock Cary's match up better than all other amps I have used (well, except for driver grip which 845's in push pull were with but the mids were annoying on the Prometheus). Don't get me wrong as I have been very happy with the Prometheus the last two years I have owned them but as you know with this hobby one is always trying to improve on sound.

Tony I do wonder if the Atlas helps with image density. Also would be interested if you feel there are any negatives with the introduction of a second full ranger (aside from requiring more space around the speaker) as it gets further away from the advantages of the whole point source sound realizing that with separate tweeters and bass it is not really a single point source speaker to begin with.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.